Founded in 1985, Women in Music is now in its third decade of service to the entertainment industry. Our members are inspired by the resources and opportunities WIM offers. We, in turn, are inspired by their wonderful achievements and contributions across all areas of the music industry.
WIM Mission Statement:
Women In Music is an organization with a mission to advance the awareness, equality, diversity, heritage, opportunities, and cultural aspects of women in the musical arts through education, support, empowerment, and recognition. Our seminars, panels, showcases, achievement awards, and youth initiatives celebrate the female contribution to the music world, and strengthens community ties.
Who We Are:
* WIM is comprised of both women and men at all stages in their careers — from students to seasoned industry veterans — and in all areas of expertise.
* We are record label executives, artist managers, songwriters, musicians, attorneys, recording engineers, agents, publicists, studio owners, music publishers, online and traditional marketers and more.
* We represent all genres of music and all areas of the industry.
What We Offer:
* Educational seminars, panels and workshops with top-notch professionals
* Up close and personal evenings with acclaimed performers, producers and other industry professionals
* Roundtable discussions held to discuss current topics relevant to the industry
* Master Classes, Seminars and Workshops
* Special Mixers and Speed Networking Events
* Access to our exclusive WIM Google Group where you can communicate directly to the WIM Members to
* Find useful resources and information from mentors and peers
* Post about upcoming shoes
* Get information and reviews about services important to your work/businesses
* Find job and housing opportunities
* Ask fellow members questions about anything industry related
* Discounts on a variety of products and services we think will benefit the lifestyles, creativity, businesses and careers of WIM Members.